We are working hard to ensure that Elder Grove is a safe and enjoyable place to stay and work in.
Our responsibilities to you:
Welcome to Elder Grove.
Here at Elder Grove we like to welcome our guests in person – sharing a little information about the facilities, about Ambleside and making sure you have everything you need for a great stay. We are still doing this, but we have made a few changes.
- We now have a perspex screen at reception
- We won’t escort you to your room but will share everything you need to know with our new video.
- If you need help with your luggage, we can still help but will travel up separately and leave your cases outside the room for collection.
- There’s no need to sign in anymore. We have enough details from your booking.
- Your keys are sanitised before they’re passed to you.
- If you would prefer a contactless check-in, please let us know the day before you arrive and we will arrange everything for you.
- Don’t forget to watch our welcome video to help you navigate and get to know Elder Grove.
- We have added a few signs around the house to remind everyone about social distancing and using sanitiser.
- We have provided sanitiser at both our entrances and next to our banisters.
Time for Breakfast
Breakfast is an important part of everyone’s day! We have made a few changes to ensure it’s still an enjoyable and safe experience. Our breakfast service is as follows:
- Breakfast needs to be pre-ordered the night before. The menu is available on our website in the While you are here section and there will be a paper copy in your room.
- We have moved tables in the breakfast room to enable social distancing and added two tables in the bar area.
- We have removed the breakfast buffet for now. Most of the cold food will still be available and served to your table.
- Breakfast is now served over two sittings to further reduce the number of people in the breakfast room and bar at any one time.
- If you would prefer to enjoy breakfast away from a shared space, then we are offering some lighter breakfast options which can be left outside your room in the morning.
- And finally – just to let you know – everyone carrying out food preparation here has a health and hygiene certificate and we hold a 5 out of 5 food hygiene rating.
We will be busy before you get here – your room and bathroom will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Here is a list of what we do:
- All linens are laundered at 70 degrees
- All bedding protectors (mattress, pillows & duvets) are replaced between each guest.
- All tea and coffee making facilities are sterilised between guests.
- For now, we have removed books, magazines and ornaments from guest rooms. Our information folder is now online on our website in the While you are here section
- For now, we have swapped our usual toiletries with individually wrapped ones.
- Once you’re checked in, your room is just for you. We won’t be popping in to service the room but this doesn’t mean that we won’t be looking after you. All you need to do it text us including your room number and we will deliver extra supplies of tea, coffee, milk, towels and toiletries etc during our normal daily cleaning times (9.30am to 1pm).
The bar, lounge, hallways and breakfast rooms are all being cleaned every day:
- All shared door handles and banisters will be frequently sanitised throughout the day.
- The public areas are all cleaned and disinfected as appropriate daily. If you would like to know more about our cleaning process, please see our cleaning protocol.
Our staircases are too narrow to observe social distancing so please give space by using the landings to allow others past before you use the stairs.
Is it that time already?
When it is time for you to leave we are offering a contactless checkout – simply leave your key on the reception desk and we will charge the balance for your stay on to the card you paid your deposit with at 10am on the day of departure. We will then send you your receipt via email.
Alternatively, if you would like to come and say good-bye at reception, we would love that too.
- Most importantly – if you feel ill in the 48 hours before you arrive, you must let us know immediately. We will reschedule your stay for when you are feeling better.
- If you feel ill during your stay with us, you must contact us immediately. We can then ensure you are looked after and other guests and staff are kept safe.
Well, we are working hard to adhere to the government guidelines whilst trying to provide the homely B&B experience we know our guests love. This is a rapidly changing situation – so, if you have two minutes, please could you let us know how you feel about saying at our B&B by answering our quick questionnaire which will help us evolve what we do?
Please complete our questionnaire.
If you have any questions on any of this, please give us a call.